Thursday, July 27, 2006

Blessings abound

A letter from Hirini Ready. . .


Kia ora James, Kim and new daughter

Nau mai mokopuna
Mai i pari nui te ra
Wai heke
Wai ora
Wai ata e

Welcome sacred one
From the birthplace of the Sun
Cascading Water
Life Giving Water
The Song of Life


Congratulations on the birth of your daugher. Much love and joy to you and Kim. Perhaps one of the names for your daughter could be Waiata - or Song. There is more to the word. Wai is water. Ata is morning or dawn. The birds sing at first light. They welcome in the dawn.The song of life.

Much aroha

Hirini



And this letter from Ruth Tai. . .

Kia Ora James and Kim, 

Thank you for sharing your beautiful moments. Today the energy was high and some powerful confirmations came through. I felt the energy shift upon waking at 5.30am. What a blessing as she heralds our return to the island of cascading waters (Waiheke). It is very significant. I support Hirini's suggestion for the naming (Waiata).

We have a tradition called the Maioha which is the call of welcome to baby. Yesterday as I was thinking of your baby and her journey through the canal, I started calling to her to help welcome her in. This maioha I first chanted when my friend Atarangi's first grandchild was born nearly three years ago. I have called babies in with it ever since and this year added our Haka energy. 

Part One of the following was the maioha I sent out yesterday. Part two is to acknowledge her presence and to thank you both for stewarding her through and providing her the haven she deserves.




Much Aroha

Ruth Tai and family

The wonder is the wide and supportive community that this soul has chosen to be born into. I am deeply grateful for you all.

No comments: